chatbox
the voice of the sea speaks to the soul
welcome
to our site. here is where you write about how awesome you are! Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam lobortis ut libero vel dictum. Duis efficitur at est a maximus. Duis dolor massa, fermentum ac consectetur sit amet, eleifend in neque. Cras bibendum sapien sed luctus commodo. Integer gravida, felis eu cursus placerat, ipsum felis tempus tortor, et tempus massa dolor sit amet sapien.
updates
jul 15
launched new theme. here is a place for you to put your site's updates!
feb 1
launched new theme. here is a place for you to put your site's updates!

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

add reply
new poll

New Way of Thinking, Vaako
AURORA H. FROST
 Posted: Apr 26 2014, 03:38 PM
AURORA H. FROST
is Offline
PRISON OFFICIALS
THE BOSS
http://worldsunknown.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=307
http://worldsunknown.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=ST&f=19&t=689
26 posts
played by
N/A

If I die young bury me in satin Lay me down on a bed of roses Sink me in the river at dawn Send me away with the words of a love song Lord make me a rainbow I'll shine down on my mother She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colors And life ain't always what you think it ought to be Ain't even grey but she buries her baby The sharp knife of a short life oh well I've had just enough time if i die young
bury me in satin.
Escape was the one thing that Aurora never thought she'd find. For as long as she could remember she'd been doing the 'work' of her father and always seemed to take the brunt of his anger. It was only when she was loaned out to other prisons that she avoided his wrath and his fists. Even now her once pretty face bore the markings of his hands. Aurora was not a stupid woman, she understood that what he did to her was not considered right by a lot of people. Yet she hadn't found a way to escape, until now. She'd asked to go on the shopping trip to Helion Prime. It was the only place they could get some of the items that the prison needed. Even when they contracted out to some of the cargo ships it seemed to take forever and they were short the right amount of supplies. Her father had agreed, feeling that if Aurora went with the team maybe they would actually return with what they had ordered for once. Only she had no desire to ever return. Something was out there waiting for her and she only had to find it, at least that's the thought.

Helion was another planet that appeared to have been attacked by the Necromonger army but unlike the others it wasn't destroyed, not fully. It seemed to be a new stronghold of sorts, a planet being rebuilt to suit the need of the undead army and it made her curious. They weren't stopping people from coming here, but they weren't killing everyone either. It had been a week since she'd landed with her crew and managed to get herself lost on purpose. Aurora knew that the group would give up on her within a couple of days and return. Their boss was more loyal to them than she was. Hell she wasn't even worth the money they'd lose if they tried to find her. So when she was sure that they had fled the planet she started her planning. At first all she had done was wander the streets trying to find something that called to her, but she couldn't. At least not until the latest regiment of necromonger soldiers had shown up. That was what drew her to the group now. The way they moved in perfect unison, almost a discordant harmony in their actions and deeds.

Moving closer to the group, Aurora watched as the citizens of Helion Prime moved in and out of the soldiers and no one took action. She was standing there starting at them as she over heard the conversation. It was clear that the man who's back she was facing was the commander, the man in charge and the other man, the one she had been studying was an underling. Getting close enough that she was standing within touching distance of both of them. Aurora let her curiosity get the better of her. She probably shouldn't be this close, not when they were speaking but she couldn't help it. Hearing them talk she knew that underling was lying. She'd been there when he'd attacked the innocent man on the streets for bumping into him, claiming that the man had called him names and sought to disparage their faith. "Stop lying to the man in charge. Your words, they spread like poison through the lips of the unworthy. He doesn't need to hear the traitorous nature of your kissassery. Be honest and you'll find that life will be much more fair." She spoke, making them both turn to her for a moment.

The smack of a hand against her face was something that she wasn't prepared for but used too. Fighting back the momentary tears at the pain, Rora looked up at them both with her big expressive blue eyes. She had hoped that something like this was avoidable. At least she hadn't let it knock her to the ground, though her legs were weak enough from the pain. She'd spent her entire life abused and now she was being hurt again. Anger should have formed in her eyes but it wasn't there. The only emotion was resignation. An emotion that showed that she was used to being knocked around and honestly didn't think anything of it. Rora knew that she was a woman and in most peoples eyes that made her weak and not worth their time. It didn't matter if she was smart or if she could read people emotions. She was skilled in much more than that. Being a psychologist she read body language and emotions and it made her better able to be what she was. Tucking a bit of her hair behind her ears, Aurora didn't move from where she'd stumbled back from the blow, afraid of the men.

600 words. tag nate. © the gingerbecky man.

--------------------
user posted image
credit for set to scarey kerri @ candyland couture
pm
mail
^
SIBERIUS T. VAAKO
 Posted: Apr 27 2014, 04:17 PM
SIBERIUS T. VAAKO
is Offline
NECROMONGER
Iris
http://worldsunknown.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=337
http://worldsunknown.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=285
12 posts
played by
N/A

all i want is the taste that your lips allow

Helion Prime. A place that Vaako hadnt set foot on since their attack to gain control of his planet and city. Memories swarmed him when he landed, knowing that this was the place he had met the true lord marshal and his life changed forever. However he couldnt exactly say that the marshal in charge now, Krone was a man of intelligence but more brawn. The only thing he had ever done that was worth any recognition was coming back in a betrayal to Riddick and Autumn and claiming he killed them. Vaako knew then they werent dead and after speaking with them and forming a plan that would be put into action when all cards were put into play proved they were people you could just kill. Both had come back from the supposed dead to many times to count.

Time was on Vaako's side. He would play his cards right, stay close to Krone and give Riddick and Autumn the opening they needed when the time was right to strike. Vaako wanted that time to be now, these trips for new converts when their ranks were stronger then ever was a little more than wasting time to him. They needed to wait until the new ships were built. They were becoming over crowded and it was time to rethink the reign. A new direction in which the Necromongers can grow and be more of tighter, more powerful civilization. Growth always brought more power, but not if you didnt have the resources to train them or teach them. Teaching their ways were all they had and it was how the converts understood what they were becoming. There were very few teachers left.

This trip however was Krones orders to bring back more converts from Helion Prime so this was his job for the next few weeks. As well as awaiting orders from Riddick, who in his eyes had earned the right as Lord Marshal. Not stabbed someone in the back and knocked them off a cliff. He had fought for the right to wear the crown and command the armies. Turning his attention from his thoughts back to the job on hand he nodded at his men who were bringing recruits to him, allowing them to choose their fate. They werent killing the ones refusing this time on Vaakos orders. Krone wouldnt care either way but how can you rebuild one of the grandest cities if you keep killing the survivors? They made their point they over took Helion, now it was time to watch it rebuild and rule it once the finishing touches were done. He had kept some of his people here to help with the rebuilding.

Pulling a man aside that had been brought to him, one from his own rank who had pulled a trigger of an old man who had supposedly spat at him and called their religion a fake, an abomination. The Necros took their religion very seriously and wery dedicated to who and what they believed. But even if someone had said something degrading to it VAako had given strict orders not to let a bullet fly or a strike of a hand on anyone while on this planet. His eyes were filled with pools of darkness as he gripped his gun tightly and his jaw stayed clinched. His anger was obivious as the man straightened his body to tower over the officer being questioned. "I dont care what the man said to you. I told you not to lift a finger at anyone, or raise your weapon. You disobeyed me." Vaako said as his lips pursed his eyes stayed trained on the man in front of him.

He had the audacity to lie to Vaakos face and Vaako knew the man was lying. He had been a commander for hundreds of years and knew how to look into a mans eyes and see if he was lying. Most didnt know that about Vaako, but he was very intuitive and he knew how to command his armies of men who betrayed or disobeyed him. This was the newest recruit to his army and he needed to be taught a lesson. As did they all apparently for going against an order he had given them. Hearing a voice behind him, intrigue was a word that could describe Vaako at this moment. The words leaving the womans mouth was what he himself was thinking. His dark eyes shifted as Arnon, the man in question lashed his hand out to the woman who spoke and slapped her across the face. Anger flared in Vaako as his orders once again had been broken.

"For a second time you have disobeyed me. I said do not touch the civilians in a hostile manner and you have broken what my men never do under my control and live another day." He said removing the sword that the man was carrying on his back in a swift movement, he focused his strength and lashed forward with the sword gripped tightly, Driving the sword through the mans armor and through his midsection. Pushing Arnon tot he ground he placed his foot on the chest of the dying man. "A man who can not follow orders does not deserve a place in the underverse. You will not join us, your life ends here." said Vaako as venom laced his words.

Turning back to the woman he took in a deep breath and looked her over. "One should not meddle in the affairs of armed men. But you were right, he was lying to me. The old man only bumped into him from what I gather. I've been around a long time, lying is an easy thing to see in someones eyes and yet you didnt see his eyes. How did you know he was lying or telling me a lie? Could you over hear what we were saying?" He asked her curiously. She had been a ways away from where they had been and werent speaking very loudly. Maybe this woman would make a recruit, one that seemed to have fire behind her words and eyes.

Rora
notes

pm
mail
^
AURORA H. FROST
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 06:10 PM
AURORA H. FROST
is Offline
PRISON OFFICIALS
THE BOSS
http://worldsunknown.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=307
http://worldsunknown.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=ST&f=19&t=689
26 posts
played by
N/A

If I die young bury me in satin Lay me down on a bed of roses Sink me in the river at dawn Send me away with the words of a love song Lord make me a rainbow I'll shine down on my mother She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colors And life ain't always what you think it ought to be Ain't even grey but she buries her baby The sharp knife of a short life oh well I've had just enough time if i die young
bury me in satin.
For a moment Aurora stared at the two men before she watched the commander kill his second. At least someone who could have been his second. She knew they were necromongers that their lives were all about death and the underverse and seeking that perfect harmony with that aspect of their life. That and she'd seen death before so it didn't make her squeamish in the least. So watching that hadn't phased her. It was when the pale man turned towards her and spoke that she couldn't help herself. "Perhaps if the men in armor were scary to me then I might not meddle. I've been struck but much worse than he ever thought to be. You nor your men scare me. Do you know what does scare me?" The question was rhetorical and for a moment Aurora wondered if he could see the pain hidden in her sapphire blue eyes. She was very good at hiding it, at turning away from what her own father did to her. He didn't need to know that information.

Tucking a strand of her long hair behind her and she turned. "C'mon follow me. I'll answer your question but this isn't the place. Too open, too many prying eyes from the citizens of the town. We don't need to give them anymore fodder for the rumor mill" With her soft voice, Aurora moved from the center of the street and off to the right some to a small bench that was hidden from view. There they could sit and talk and not be overheard. When the commander set down beside her. Aurora smiled and shook her head. She knew far more about the Necromonger peole than she did about their religion as a whole. Anyone with a decent amount of intelligence and access to a cortex could find out the information that she knew. What she was curious about was the basis of their religion. What made them believe so strongly that this underverse was the way to go? Why did they have to kill life to fix it? After all was death really the better option.

"Thank you for this. Here we won't be overheard. I am what the other humans call a psychologist, a doctor of the mind. I'm trained to study the way people act and react in situations and tell if they are crazy, lying or just well, normal. Body language, the small minute traces of sweat on someone's brow. Every person has a tell. If you study them long enough you can pick up what it is. My father, his eye would twitch and every time I'd call him out on a lie it'd be one more black eye for me." Why she felt the need to say that last part she didn't know. Maybe a part of her wanted him to understand, not pity, but understand what she was dealing with on a level that was different to his own. Everyone had something they were good at and she had no doubt that Vaako was very good at being a solider. Of course she was waiting for him to ask her why she had sought to intervene, most of the 'human's or breeders as they were being called, were staying as far away from the necromongers as possible. Yet she'd approached them and actually stopped to speak to him.

Looking out at a place she wished she could call home, Aurora wondered if any place would ever feel like home. The more she sat here, the more unguarded she became in her thoughts. The more she could feel the walls she'd worked so hard to build crumble down around her. Something about this necromonger was breaking through the barrier, but not in a romantic way. She felt a kinship in a way, a sort of loneliness that he'd finally found a cure for. At lest that's what she was telling herself. Maybe he would be able to explain to her this feeling? To help her understand what the texts were saying about death and the beyond. So many religions in the world believed that there was a life after death, that there was some sort of afterlife with pleasures one could not even dream of. The necromongers were perhaps closer to that reality than anyone even knew. Would she be able to give up everything she'd ever valued and turn to someone else's ways? Would she even be seen as a value to them? From what she could gather women weren't highly respected in the necro faith, more they gained their power from their men. She wasn't married and had no family to gain power from.

702 words. tag vakko. © the gingerbecky man.

--------------------
user posted image
credit for set to scarey kerri @ candyland couture
pm
mail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
add reply
new poll

skinned by spenny of shine
custom forum structure by Black